Monday, January 5, 2009

I am one of those people,,,

I rock my kids to sleep. I did this with Dillon for a year or so and up till tonight, I did it with Brodie. It was not by choice that I put him in his crib awake tonight. He was fighting me rocking him, so I went and put him in bed. He went to sleep. I am hoping this is an isolated incident. I am selfish...I want to continue to do this. Especially since he will most likely be my last baby. There is nothing like rocking a baby to sleep. People tell me a lot that I should not do that. He needs to learn to go to sleep on his own. My answer is always, thanks - but I rocked Dillon and he goes to sleep perfectly fine on his own now. They are only babies once and this time is going WAY faster than the first time. So if you rock your babies to sleep - GOOD JOB!! If you don't - yeah, for you.

Next topic (reminder for me) - when you have two children, one being a baby and all the sudden everyone forgets about the older child because they are being a 3 year old. Everyone loves a baby...

1 comment:

  1. I am also one of those people. Either Dusty or I rock Kamryn to sleep every night. Her typical "bed time routine" consists of a bath, bottle, and mommy or daddy rocking her to sleep.

    Like you said, some do not agree with it but I beg to differ!! I fell that it is such a bonding time for her and I. She likes to listen to me sing to her while I am rocking her to sleep.

    I am sure that eventually she will grow out of it, but until then...I am loving every minute of it. :)

    ReplyDelete